Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Old Chair Soon To Be New Again

I was given 2 of these chairs 15 years ago when they still looked new. They have had milk spilled on them, crackers smashed on them, 9 kids climb all over them and anything else you could probably think of (well, maybe not anything). Anyhow, they no longer match my color scheme and they are falling apart so I figured it was time to give them a make over.

It took FOREVER to take them apart. Hundreds of upholstery tacks and gazillions of staples to remove! Finally I am getting to the fun part of cutting out and piecing together the new fabric.

I was just so excited that I had to share what I got done today. The arm rests and the back! Yea! So fresh and pretty!

5 comments:

  1. Woowee! You're getting really good at this upholstery stuff! Nice..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool. can't wait to tackle my big ol chairs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fabric is divine! You did such a great job Steph, can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete